Wednesday, March 14, 2012

nom nom nom

Our fearless blog loving friend Julie made a comment the other day that when I created this blog she wondered when it would turn into a food blog :)  Oooooh how she knows me so well!  Although it is not officially a food blog...mama still has her eye on the prize of getting the eff out of this life rut I am in, I do love to cook and few things make me happier then crafting up something delicious in my kitchen.  SO last night I made homemade pesto, which I had said in an earlier blog that I was going to make last weekend but I was way too busy and I forgot to buy the much needed parmesan cheese.  Well its not much needed, I found out there are many other ways to make pesto that are all low fat and all of that jazz, but for my first attempt I wanted to stick with the basics.  Last night I purchased the needed cheese and I whipped up some pesto.  It was easy, it smelled delicious, and it is so much cheaper to make then store bought pesto.  I will be making it again as I remembered last night as I went to bed that I did not toast the pine nuts and I had been advised to do and I forgot to add salt and pepper.  My pesto was literally basil leaves, pine nuts, and cheese with lots of olive oil.  I must try it with the ingredients and advise I forgot but it was still pretty good.  Food bucket list item down!  Plus I got to use my fancy little mini food processor too!  Double win! 


Another item I found on Pinterest is the green monster smoothie. Packed with vitamins and goodness its part of a new diet...eeeeeww I hate that word...that I am going to try during the month of April.  Pretty much a green monster smoothie for breakfast and lunch with small snacks of veggies and lean protein in between and then a normal meal for dinner.  While I will try to be "health conscious" of my choices for my dinner I am not going to be too crazy about it as I have been super crazy about my eating all day.  Plus we all know that once you take something away from someone (starting tomorrow no chocolate!! kind of thing) that is the ONLY thing you crave.  So while I will fight the urge to run down to Mickey D's and get 5 double cheese burgers, the occasional delicious and decedent item will be enjoyed :) So yet another new kitchen gadget tried out and another Pinterest food item tried.  Mama is on a roll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment