Friday, August 26, 2011

Christmas in July? Ummm I mean August!?

Everyone who knows me knows that my favorite time of year is the fall/winter.  In Santa Barbara we really don't have seasons, our perfect 75 degree weather drops down to a chilly 60 degrees and everyone thinks the Ice Age is coming back.  However as the scraps from Thanksgiving dinner are being cleared off the table you can hear Christmas music ringing through the streets like out of A Christmas Story.  For a few short months the sunblock and beach smell of Santa Barbara is covered up with the sent of pine trees and cinnamon, and although we have to get our Christmas smell from overly priced Yankey Candles and not the real deal itself (palm trees don't really have a smell I have discovered...) we do it with boundless exuberance!  Every year I get playfully teased by friends and family for how early I start thinking about Christmas (121 days...and counting) but being that it is my favorite holiday they can all tease away and we shall see who makes my Christmas Card list!!  HA!  I was browsing Christmas cards and party invitations the other day, while listening to a Pandora Christmas station :)  and I got so excited for this upcoming season!  Granted there are still a few important holidays to come before Christmas....my 30th birthday is creeping closer and closer even as I type...I am still giddy like a child...well like a child on Christmas morning...for the excitement that comes along with Christmas!  The movies on TV, the wrapping paper, purchasing all of those fun little gifts that are sure to bring a smile to those you give them to!  AAAAHHHHH Christmas you can't come fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment