Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Why can't my work day go by this fast?

All year I long for the holiday season.  I am obsessed with anything fun and festive and nothing embodies the fun and festiveness that I love like the months of October, November, and December.  I am that person that experiences a state of euphoria while putting up holiday decorations and like wise goes through a kind of depression while I put away these holiday decorations.  I feel like all year I am waiting and waiting and waiting to get to this time and then FLASH its over and I am back to being sad and counting down until the next holiday season.  Same happened this year with October.  It flew by so fast the fake spider webs I put up for Halloween almost blew away.  Zoom!  Why can't my work day go that fast?  Tonight I have my sad chore of putting away all of my cute little tea-light ghosts and bats and witchy hats.  I am mildly comforted with the idea that I don't have to put ALL of my decor away...the pumpkin spice candles and sparkly autumn leaves can stay out to welcome November (my birthday month...ahem...) get to stay out.  Soon...like tomorrow soon...I will further distract myself with the construction of my Thanksgiving menu, to be followed closely behind by the creation of my evite for the 2nd annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, and then Christmas shopping and tree shopping, and more decorating...all to be filled with copious amounts of Sees Candy!!  Ooooh you holiday season!!

(I included a picture of The Ninnie because she looks so precious hidden--or trying to hide--amongst the presents....and because I love cats...oooh so much)

No comments:

Post a Comment