Tuesday, October 18, 2011

If you cook it...they will come...

Ok so recently I have been having trouble getting friends and family together for dinner because of all of our conflicting schedules!  I mean when did we get so busy people??!!  As you all know I have a serious addiction to getting people together and planning events for no good reason (which is a great reason in itself) but its hard to have these ooberly amazing get togethers when no one shows.  So as we inch into my favorite cooking season (my crock pot and I our best friends) I have been worried that I wont be able to have some riotous dinner parties with everyone being so busy.  Then I had a thought...if you cook it...they will come.  There is something to be said for most people (not me) where planning ahead hinders their decision making...why this is I do not know I am a crazy cat lady not a psychiatrist...and sometimes if you just say "dinner at my house tonight!!" with about 2 hours notice people tend to show.  This is a strange idea for someone like me who usually plans out her schedule weeks in advance (less because I am oh so popular and more because I am a control freak and I drool over the idea of filling the little boxes on my calendar with fun stuff to do!  Yippie).  That is the plan then: if I cook it they will come.  I will start by crafting up a soup tomorrow evening.  This is kiiiind of a side-ways way of me getting rid of stuff in my freezer--don't judge--just eat.  I have had a ham bone and cut up ham in my freezer since...well since the last big holiday when you eat ham (I am not going to get specific it has been so long, so if you guess I am not going to admit it--ADMIT NOTHING).  I am going to dump--in a very epicurean fancy chef way--a ton of ham and beans and onions and carrots and other fun stuff into my trusty crock pot (I just decided to name him Lewis) and then...Lewis...(it will catch on) will spend all day making those ingredients all warm and cozy and delicious.  Then I will send out a text and say: dinner at my house, come and get it.  I can hear the thundering foot steps as people run through my door waving their bowls and spoons over their heads.  It'll happen.  Try and deny me now dear friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment