Friday, September 30, 2011

Gettin sh*t done!!!

I have 3 reoccurring dreams:  1) I discover it is the day of Halloween and I have not put up a single Halloween decoration and I am overcome by stress and guilt and anger.  2) My Christmas tree has turned brown (either by magic or because I forgot to water it...it changes every time) and I am crying over the question of whether or not I take all of the decorations off and go and get a new one.  3) I am running to the airport (late) and I am on my way to somewhere in Europe and I realize as I am picking up my plane ticket that I don't have a passport.  Not that I forgot mine, no, that I don't have one. 

While the first two dreams shine a spot-light on my OCD fascination with over planning and overdoing things...particularly around the holidays...the third one brings into focus the issue of me a) not having traveled anywhere in the world (and I mean anywhere...not even to the 18 year old infested, puke covered streets of TJ after high school graduation) and not only not having been anywhere but not even being prepared to GO anywhere.  If someone today said "I have a plane ticket to **insert amazing destination here** do you want to go?" I wouldn't be able to go because I don't have a passport.  So while I sit and dream of going to exotic places one day I am doing myself a disservice by not even taking the smallest of steps and getting a passport, which is needed to travel, because as shining as my smile might be it wont get me into another country...sadly.  So my mission for next week...to apply for my passport.  Then I will officially be able to say: have passport--will travel :)

Then the world will truly be my oyster.

**ok so I was going to put a picture of planet earth on this entry to drive home the "Hattie is taking the world by storm" (once I get my mittens on a passport) but instead I chose a picture of a shark because little brings me joy more then scaring my sister :)

No comments:

Post a Comment