Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Back to school

Well I did it.  I got into grad school. 

I am still in a bit of shock, and even as I write this I can feel a tingly feeling in my tummy along with a raging heat flooding my face.  You know when you set out to do something and you are all gung-ho about it but secretly in your deepest darkest thoughts you not only don't think you can do it...you kind of hope you can't?  That is how I felt about grad school.  I fought my inner most demon of procrastination...boy oh boy am I a procrastinator...and I applied and I actually got in.  Wow.  So now as the summer races by like a bullet train I realize that come fall time I will be a student once again.  I will say farewell to my 5:01pm glasses of wine, my ever full schedule of fun parties and dinners and girls nights, and I will say hello to studying, term papers, and no sleep.  Joy.  I know there is a huge pot of gold at the end of this rainbow of terror and I have to keep focused on that.  I am sure my hell-on-wheels prison of a job will keep me constantly reminded that I need to get the eff out of here.  No matter what the cost, bags under my eyes, no social life, and less boozy time it will all be worth it.  Right?  Riiight?  Bueller?  Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment