Friday, September 7, 2012

Week One!

It has begun.  I can not believe a year ago I sat at this computer and pledged to start my journey to nowhere, knowing that I wanted to be anywhere but where I was at that moment.  How fast a year goes.  Many things have changed for me in this past year, I have lost 15 pounds, I have learned to cook so many new things (thank you to the splendid creation that is Pinterest), I have loved every minute of my 30th year (ladies I am telling you....30...it only gets better from here), and I have started grad school.  If you would have told me 2 years ago...or even a year and a half ago that I would willingly be going back to school, and paying as much as I am to go back to school, I would have said you were bat-shit crazy.  While I enjoy learning I was never the best student, I have a raging case of procrastination (as I have mentioned multiple times), and the cost alone is enough to make a grown man cry.  I needed a change though, and short of me re-inventing the wheel, winning the lotto, or marrying my own Mr. Christian Grey, school was the only way this little Missy was going to change the path she was headed on.  So back to school I went.  Wow.  It's exciting, nerve wracking, scary, and thrilling all at the exact...same...time.  My first class, I felt like I was learning a new language, or learning how to walk again after a tragic accident.  Everything was familiar, taking notes, going through a syllabus, sharing ideas about the readings, but I felt like I was having to relearn how to process all of that.  Taking my first page of notes I found myself to have this creepy kind of mischievous grin on my face as those four emotions (and probably a few I forgot to mention) came at me at once.  This is going to be my life for the next year and a half.  Back to studying, reading assigned texts, papers, group projects, office hours with the professor, etc.  I am terrified of failing, eager to learn, and ready for this next step.


Here.  We.  Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment